Cellular carriers are providing an easy option to donate your unused phone to benefit organizations that help victims and survivors of domestic violence. You can participate by taking your phone to any Verizon Wireless store (other carriers offer similar programs, be sure to ask when you buy your new phone for details!).
From a Verizon Wireless Press Release:
In 2008, Verizon Wireless donated wireless phones with prepaid service to several Oregon based non-profit agencies including:For more information, visit Verizon Wireless' HopeLine website here.
- Eugene— Domestic Violence Clinic - Lane County Legal Aid
- Milwaukie— Clackamas Women's Services
- Portland— Bradley-Angle House
- Portland— IRCO’s Refugee and Immigrant Family Strengthening Program
- Portland— Raphael House of Portland
- Portland— Volunteers of America
- Portland— YWCA of Greater Portland/Yolanda House
Donated phones are not tax deductible.