Here's a video Google made to help show off the new feature (click to play):
I took it for a quick spin and found of my favorite spots in these cities. Here's my quick tour of the five cities available now -- feel free to add your own:
- New York City:Radio City Music Hall
- San Francisco: Apple Store & Virgin Megastore
- Denver: Coors Field (the 17th St. Pedestrian mall was my first choice, but unmapped by nature)
- Las Vegas: Bellagio Hotel (bummer the fountains weren't going when they took the photo :( )
- Miami: Miracle Mile, Coral Gables
Where are your favorite destinations in these cities? Share!
Thanks to Google, I've just killed about 30 minutes browsing different places in these cities! Wouldn't be it cool if these were live? The entire USA mapped? Video? Live video of the entire world?
I also wonder if this would make for good news coverage... i.e. the aftermath of a hurricane, take a street-level drive through an area to show viewers just how things look. This is great stuff... enjoy!
Read more at the Google LatLong Blog
Post a Comment